The role of the Audit and Risk Committee (Committee) is to assist the Board in fulfilling its responsibilities in relation to financial reporting, internal control structure, risk management and the external audit function for Andean Mining and its subsidiaries (Group).
The Committee is responsible for reviewing and make recommendations to the Board to:
- Ensure the integrity of the Group’s internal and external financial reporting including compliance with applicable laws, regulations and codes of conduct.
- Ensure that financial information provided to the Board is of a sufficiently high quality to allow the Board to make informed decisions.
- Ensure that appropriate and effective internal systems and controls are in place to ensure proper financial governance and manage the Group’s exposure to risk.
- Oversee the appointment, compensation, retention and oversight of the external auditor, and review of any non-audit services provided by the external auditor.
- Regularly review the performance of the external auditor regarding quality, costs and independence.
- Oversee the frequency, significance and propriety of all transactions with related parties.